Employee Relations & Advice
Need somewhere to turn, people you can trust and rely on to provide answers to those endless questions that having employees brings. How much holiday are they entitled to, when do I issue a contract of employment, how do I deal with a request to work flexibly and how do I discipline someone for poor performance?
We’re here to help, providing realistic, commercial, effective advice allowing you to get on and run your business.
We don’t operate a call centre, you have access to a named consultant that gets to know all about you, your people and your business and can even provide onsite assistance as required – in fact it's just like having your own HR department!
For all your employee needs, we’ll have the answer, and even the paperwork…. But more importantly you can be sure we’ll see the whole task through from beginning to end.
Please see below our Employee Relations & Advice services or alternatively please contact us for more information.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
What is GDPR?
GDPR is the new legislation framework for data protection law and relates to the collecting and processing personal data in the EU. GDPR comes takes effect on 25th May 2018 for all EU members. The UK Government has confirmed that the GDPR will be implemented in the UK because it will be a member of the EU at that time. GDPR legislation will replace the current Data Protection Directive implemented in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998.
How can we help?
We can provide you with a clear understanding of what the GDPR legislation is and how it applies to your business and assist you in demonstrating compliance in the following ways:
- Provide advice and guidance on compliance with the legislation
- Review and update your employment contracts, employee handbooks and policies
- Draft and produce privacy statements
- Assist you with conducting an audit of all your data and establish your legal basis
- Assist you in identifying the key risks within a GDPR risk register and define controls needed to reduce/mitigate those risks
- Train staff and managers on what the regulations mean in practice and support you with demonstrating compliance
- Coaching for Data Protection Officers/Data Champion/Expert
- Provide a cost effective bespoke services for all your GDPR needs
Managing the performance of individuals or a team is not for the faint hearted and requires a level of expertise and training.
We understand what it is like to manage people and the types of scenario you will come across in your day to day business.
Whether it's dealing with the employee who is consistently late or sick, trying to correct the underperformance of a team or individual or implementing a performance appraisal system we have the expertise to help you through it all.
How can we help?
- Bespoke training sessions for you, your line managers or other colleagues
- Generic Performance Management Workshops run locally to you
- Providing on site advice and guidance to assist with managing employees performance
- Tools, hints and tips and strategies on how to get the best out of your workforce
- Telephone and email advice to specific issues and queries
- Design and implement a performance appraisal system with onsite training for those who need to undertake the process
Discipline & Grievance
A thorough, practical and effective Disciplinary and Grievance policy and procedure will assist in the workplace.
All employers must have a discipline policy which must be used when any form of discipline or dismissal is considered. Often thought of as a "big stick" to wield over employees yet it is actually a management tool that aims to correct behaviours rather than punish. Used well it can help employees understand what is expected of them and provide guidance to help them reach their full potential.
All employers must have a grievance policy to allow employees to raise a complaint formally if the need arises. Following a policy and process carefully can often lead to a speedy resolution that suits all involved.
How can we help?
- Draft and implement a discipline and grievance policy including your employees where appropriate
- Consult where appropriate with in-house employee representatives or Trades Unions
- Provide training to Managers and employees on best use of the policy and process
- Assist in discipline and grievance situations, by telephone or on site
- Attending disciplinary and grievance meetings to take notes and offer advice
- Deal with all letters and correspondence on your behalf, providing advice on next steps
An effective HR Outsourcing service will remove the burden of HR allowing you to focus on your business.
Outsourcing your HR function can save time and money, and more importantly can provide a first class HR service to you and your employees.
Our services seamlessly incorporate into your organisation providing all the services an in-house HR department would provide. We can even act under your organisational name so employees will not be aware they are dealing with a consultancy.
With Rebecca Bevins HR Outsourcing (HRO), you can choose to outsource part or all of your HR function. Our HRO services cover the whole employee lifecycle from recruitment through to leaving the organisation and exit interviews.
We understand that every business has different requirements, which is exactly why we don't offer a "one size fits all" package. Through consultation we will identify which areas of your HR function could be outsourced, and you can opt to bolt on additional services on a limited or permanent basis as required.
Outsourcing can take effect in two ways either in house or externally.
In house - a consultant will be on site at your offices, which allows them to act as part of your team and carryout operational HR activities as required, such as, dealing with disciplinary and grievance issues.
External - the administrative side of HRO is commonly performed externally; we can hold your personnel files which allows us to deal with employee queries quickly and efficiently.
Redundancy & Restructuring
We all know that you have to make frequent changes in business to keep ahead of competitors, react to markets trends or simply become more productive.
Often this means having to make changes to roles and positions that you currently have, which can lead to restructuring your business or making redundancies.
Most employers do not realise that making someone redundant is a dismissal and a fair reason in law providing the correct procedures are followed. For there to be a case for redundancy you must show that the role has, or is, ceasing or diminishing - it is about the role - not the person or people doing that job!
Maybe it's to bring in a new department, make changes in an existing area of your business or just realigning yourself for the future. Whatever the reason the process needs to be handled carefully and properly to minimise the risk of a claim in an employment tribunal.
How can we help?
- Produce a step by step guide tailored to your business on how to complete the process with necessary paperwork, letters and forms
- Provide training to line managers and supervisors in redundancy and reorganisation procedures
- Undertake a suite of outplacement activities with those selected for redundancy such as CV writing and job search skills training
- Undertake the redundancy or reorganisation programme on site alongside you and/or your managers, providing necessary advice and guidance
- Link with an employment lawyer for further advice and guidance
Legal Expenses Insurance
In today's world of instant communication, customer demands, staff expectation, increased competitor activity and ever changing legislation it would be nice to have an oasis of calm and surety for your business.
We are able to provide essential peace of mind for businesses by helping to manage the risk of employment litigation. Proactive management of your employment disputes and confidence in your legal position reduces the number of issues and time taken to manage them.
If the business meets the key criteria of the underwriting team we will arrange cover for your business to ensure that you will not be liable for the costs of litigation brought about by an employee or ex-employee of the company.
The process begins with a full audit of your current procedures and policies and recommended solutions where we feel improvements can be made. The audit will identify any areas of exposure you may currently be carrying and provide solutions to ensure compliance with best practice in HR procedures.
We will provide a nominated team of experts who you can call during normal office hours and out of hours by arrangement on any employment related matter for the entire year.
What does it cost?
The premium, audit and helpline can be wrapped together in an annual retainer fee which you will be able to pay on a monthly basis. The costs are based upon your annual wage roll and number of employees. A monthly fee provides regular budgetary control, safe in the knowledge that you have that risk in your business covered. It's also good news for your cashflow.
The cover extends to awards and legal expenses concerning Employment Tribunal cases of up to £100,000 per claim.