General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
What is GDPR?
GDPR is the new legislation framework for data protection law and relates to the collecting and processing personal data in the EU. GDPR comes takes effect on 25th May 2018 for all EU members. The UK Government has confirmed that the GDPR will be implemented in the UK because it will be a member of the EU at that time. GDPR legislation will replace the current Data Protection Directive implemented in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998.
How can we help?
We can provide you with a clear understanding of what the GDPR legislation is and how it applies to your business and assist you in demonstrating compliance in the following ways:
- Provide advice and guidance on compliance with the legislation
- Review and update your employment contracts, employee handbooks and policies
- Draft and produce privacy statements
- Assist you with conducting an audit of all your data and establish your legal basis
- Assist you in identifying the key risks within a GDPR risk register and define controls needed to reduce/mitigate those risks
- Train staff and managers on what the regulations mean in practice and support you with demonstrating compliance
- Coaching for Data Protection Officers/Data Champion/Expert
- Provide a cost effective bespoke services for all your GDPR needs